Monday, October 4, 2010

Descent Board



OK time for an update after a couple of weeks of assembly and painting here is a pic of my latest project. Its the Descent board that I cast out of plaster using the molds from www.hirstarts.com

I didn't have the paints that he used to paint his up so I decided to go with what I had on hand.

The paint scheme was done using the following method.

First I painted the whole thing using black house paint.
2nd I spray painted it a tan/bone color.
3rd I gave it a black wash. (I was hoping that's all it would take)
but I wasn't happy with the results so I)
4th gave it a bone white dry brush
5th than did sort of a wet brush of avocado green
6th did a brown wash
7 followed that up with a black wash
and finally I gave it a bone white dry brush and for the most part I am happy with the way it turned out.





Yesterday I played my first game on it and it was pretty fun, as I am no expert at Descent my friend who has played a lot more than I do was pretty impressed how much easier it was to set up. The pieces go together pretty easy and don't move around that much if you bump them. The only disadvantage I can see is that the grid is sometimes harder to see/use when trying to determine line of sight.

So if you have any comments/questions/suggestions feel free to leave comments.

2 comments:

  1. It looks like the stone effect was very effective. I'd be interested in trying it out. Are you using the Decent miniatures? Plan to paint them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I will be using the Descent Mins and I would love to paint them but I think my next project might be to finish painting one of my 40k armies.

    ReplyDelete